The purpose of the project "Annual Report on the Image of the United States in Spain" is to implement a regular follow-up, as accurate and detailed as possible, of the image, attitudes and opinions that, as a whole and at the present time, constitute the collective mentality of our society in relation to the United States of America.
The main purpose of the project is to know the current climate of opinion about the United States in Spain, based on the following objectives:
- To capture the evolution of the image of Spaniards on specific aspects of the United States
- To detect the prevailing climate of opinion, as a whole, towards products and brands from other countries, more specifically those originating in the United States
- Degree of knowledge and acceptance of the president of the United States
- Evaluation of the degree of satisfaction with international relations between Spain and the United States
The CATI methodology will be used to carry out the citizen barometer on the image of the United States in Spain.
- Scope: national
- Universe: population aged 18 and over residing in the study area
- Sample size and distribution: 800 interviews to cell phones, distributed according to the population data by sex and age of the citizens
- Sampling error: for a confidence level of 95.5% (which is the one usually adopted) and assuming the principles of simple random sampling, in the worst case scenario of maximum indeterminacy (p=q=50%), the sampling error for each sample of 800 interviews is ±3.5 points)
- Data collection method: computer-assisted telephone interview, with a structured and pre-coded questionnaire lasting 8 minutes
Data collection and processing will be carried out by Ipsos.
Lead Researcher: Dr. José Antonio Gurpegui
Support team for the research project:
- Coordinator: Ana Lariño
- Secretary: Dra. Esperanza Cerdá
- Support staff: Carlos Herrero y Ana Serra