The Instituto Franklin de la Universidad in its field of research about Bilingual Education, organizes the award “Teach & Learn a las Buenas Prácticas 2023” that consists in two travel packs of 3000€ each to do a research project in a school or institute in New York.
The purpose of this award is to acknowledge the methodology and team work, in short, the excelling on the internship, accomplished through collaborative work with teachers and other English language assistants in the class.
The objective of these grants is to have a good exchange of internships in class in relation to second language teaching.
The “Teach & Learn a las Buenas Prácticas” award consists of two travel packs of 3000€ each
in order to provide the expenses of the trip, rent and/or maintenance and the observation in
schools of New York.
Submission of Applications
The application must be submitted consisting on the form meant for this purpose on the web page from Instituto Franklin - UAH, in which must be completed the sections below:
- Teacher’s and Language assistant’s name:
- Project title executed with the help of the language assistant:
- School year:
- General project aims:
- Duration of the project:
- Positions performed on:
- Project planification:
- Implementation and project progress:
- Project evaluation:
- It must be cited three examples of strategy at least, of efficient collaboration throughout the project just as collaborative work in the classroom from both implicated (teacher and language assistant).
- It will be valued images and other documents related to the project.
Once applications have been accepted, candidates must fill a questionnaire remitted by Instituto Franklin-UAH.
Lastly, selected applicants must present their project through videoconference to the selection committee.
Deadlines to submit applications
Applications can be submitted from November the 28th, 2022 to March 28th, 2023.
- Candidates must be a member of a school or high school faculty, charter or private of Comunidad de Madrid collaborating with Instituto Franklin-UAH.
- Candidate teachers must be collaborating in the classroom with a language assistant from the Teach & Learn program from Instituto Franklin-UAH.
- Teachers will have to attend the annual seminar about bilingual education organized by Instituto Franklin-UAH and Comunidad de Madrid the upcoming February the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of 2023.
- Teachers will have to be available to travel the next October, 2023
- As a result of their staying in New York, teacher must elaborate a report about excelling on the internship in the bilingual classroom which will be published subsequently in one of Instituto Franklin-UAH’s publications
Selection will be executed by a Committee chosen by Instituto Franklin-UAH for this purpose and will consist of two steps:
- Selection of candidates according to the submitted application sent through the form from our web page.
- Admitted are called to an online reunion with the Committee in which they will have to defend the project.
- Selected candidates will be notified via email and the resolution will be published on the Instituto Franklin-UAH web page.
2022, 2 trip packs for teachers
- Cristobalina Ronda Matas por su proyecto Mejorando la enseñanza bilingüe.
- Lucía Filloy Martínez por su proyecto Foreign Language Teaching in Disadvantaged Area
- Deadline to submit the applications: November the 28th, 2022 to March the 28th, 2023
- Bilingual education seminar: February the 21st,22nd and 23rd, 2023
- Publication of the admitted and rejected applicants: April 13rd, 2023
- Presentation of admitted projects: from April the 24th to April the 28th, 2023
- Publication of the prizewinners: May the 16th, 2023
- New york stay: October 2023