The requirements to apply are the following:
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor or equivalent) before the start of the program
- A minimum score of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale (where 4.0 is the highest GPA possible) in your undergraduate degree
- Native English speaker with a passport from one of the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, India, Jamaica, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden, the United Kingdom, or the United States. If you have a passport from another English-speaking country, please email us about eligibility for this program.
- A recommended B2 (intermediate) level of Spanish, or a C1 (Advanced) for the Masters in Aprendizaje y Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera.
Applications for the 2022/2023 cohort will be accepted from January 12th to March 15th, 2022.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. All applicants will be notified of their application status via email.
Accepted students who do not make the first payment/ deposit by the established deadline will have their admission offer revoked.
Applying to the Teach & Learn in Spain Program
When filling out the online Application Form, you will need to enter details about your academic history, the contact information of two references, your preferred funding option, etc. You will have to complete the online application form, attach the Application Documents, submit your Application Video via Wetransfer, and pay the non-refundable fee of 100 Euros. Once the application has been submitted, it cannot be modified.
Before you start the Application Form:
- Note that the application in progress cannot be saved.
- Review the description of the required documents before starting your application. The information you enter in the online Application Form is subject to verification. Make sure that all the information provided in the application is accurate. Your application may be rescinded if your information can not be verified.
- Make sure you have PDFs of all your Application Documents ready to upload. If a document consists of several pages, please scan it in a single PDF format file. Please save files as LastName, FirstName NameOfDocument (ex: Smith, Jessica Passport).
- Make sure you have your Application Video ready to send via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may record your video using the platform of your choice (Vimeo, QuickTime Player, smartphone, etc.) and then submit the video file through wetransfer.com. Your video should be no longer than three (3) minutes in length and have a maximum file size of 2GB. The file should be named “LastName, FirstName Video” (ex: Smith, Jessica Video). You will receive an email from WeTransfer once we have downloaded your file.
- When uploading files to your application, make sure that the documents are legible, clearly scanned, and no larger than 2 MB. If you have any issues with uploading documents, please attach a smaller file to all document upload areas and then send your files via email as attachments or through a secure file-sharing website or via email.
- The Teach & Learn in Spain program can accept references from professors, professional mentors, managers, supervisors, or coworkers who can speak extensively about your experience and/or work ethic.
- Be sure that your full name appears in all documents as it appears in your passport (last name, name, and middle name). If there are inconsistencies with names across documentation for the same person, additional documentation may be required.
- Please note that this program will give you the right to apply for (or renew) a student visa in Spain, and does not grant you the right to work in Spain/the EU. Additional documentation will be required by your Spanish Consulate to be granted a student visa, should that apply to your status
- Current Language Assistants (Auxiliares de Conversación) in public schools in Madrid, please email email@example.com BEFORE applying if you are selecting Option B to confirm eligibility.
There is a non-refundable Application Fee of 100€ to be paid as part of the Online Application Form using PayPal. (You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal).
Please note, our admissions team may contact you to request a virtual interview to supplement your application. Candidates who are not offered an interview are not at any disadvantage in the admissions process.
In order for your application to be processed, the required documents must be submitted via the Online Application Form:
- Undergraduate diploma (PDF format). If you have not yet graduated, you must provide an official letter from a university official confirming your enrollment and stating your anticipated graduation date. Please note that holding an undergraduate diploma is a prerequisite for the Teach & Learn in Spain program. Upload a PDF with the file name LastName, FirstName Diploma (or LastName, FirstName letter of enrollment).
- Official or Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Unofficial Transcripts.
- Passport (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Passport.
- Marriage or other Change of Name Certificate (PDF format), if the name on your passport and the name on your diploma do not match.
- Application Video with the file name LastName, FirstName Video. Please review the Application Video Guide for more information.
- Resume/CV (PDF format) with the file name LastName, FirstName Resume.
- An ID-style photo of yourself (PDF, JPG, or JPEG format) no more than 240×200 pixels, on a light-colored background with the file name LastName, FirstName Photo.
Please do not submit documents that are not listed here.
Don’t yet have your undergraduate diploma?
You can still apply for the Teach & Learn in Spain program! Submit your application documents during the application window.
Instead of providing your diploma and final transcripts, you are required to submit upon application:
- an official letter from your university confirming your expected graduation date and the exact title of the diploma that will be awarded.
- your most recent transcripts.
You cannot be enrolled until your degree has been awarded. Enrollment is based on obtaining the degree for which you have been offered admission.
Once accepted additional documents will be required. These documents are outlined in the relevant Application Checklist.