The Nebrija Creadores Scholarship is aimed at promoting the creation of new literary pieces in the framework of Chicano Literature in the United States. This scholarship is granted by HISPAUSA Association (Asociación de estudios sobre la población de origen hispano en EE. UU.) and the Instituto Franklin de la Universidad de Alcalá. It consists of a one-month stay at the headquarters of the Association (at the College of Trinitarios, Universidad de Alcalá) to research/create.
- The stay will last one month.
- The grant amounts to €2,000 maximum that will be administered by the Instituto Franklin-UAH aimed at covering accommodation, transport, office supplies, and the register to the International Conference on Chicano Literature that will be held on the year of the grant being awarded.
- The Instituto Franklin-UAH provides adequate study/creation space, within its facilities, for the beneficiary.
- The call is open to Hispanic authors based in the United States, with at least three published titles.
- The applicant shall be a fully-fledged member of HISPAUSA at the time of applying.
- The enjoyment of this scholarship is incompatible with any other public or private financial aid.
- The applicant undertakes to mention the scholarship in the resulting publications, as well as to collaborate in the promotion of future calls.
- The beneficiary shall create a literary piece that will be published in Camino Real journal.
The selection will be made by a Committee elected for that purpose by the HISPAUSA and Instituto Franklin-UAH Boards of Directors.
The beneficiary will be notified by email and the official resolution will be published on the HISPAUSA (www.hispausa.org) and the Instituto Franklin-UAH (www.institutofranklin.net) websites.
Call 2022 CLOSED
- 2018. Anel Flores.
- 2016. Refugio Romo.
- 2014. Xanath Caraza.
- 2012. Norma Cantú.
- 2011. Alejandro Morales.
- 2010. Carlos Morton.